Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Milestone In My Life

Twenty five years ago this Christmas Eve I was diagnosed with a terminal disease. Terminal. What does that mean? A number. Closure. But not really. Not in my case. There was a doctor (or two) who told me I was terminal. Said I had three to five years to live. But here I am at a milestone in my life. Twenty five years.

At five year increments I’ve always thought I should write about it. I’ve started and then I’ve stopped because I wasn’t ever really certain anyone would be interested in my story. I’m not sure why that is because I’ve shared it with many people over the years and I know it’s helped in their struggles, whatever they might be. But now, at this milestone, I feel a need to write about my journey.

I will share as much as I can, be it sad, funny, silly, scary, angry, confused, whatever other emotions enter into the equation, in the hopes that it might help someone else on their journey.

Twenty five years ago I was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia and who the heck knows why??

No comments:

Post a Comment